Tuesday, October 14, 2008

shopping the clearance

Today the temperature dropped- considerably. It was great except for the fact I have only been wearing 2 pairs of capris and an assortment of shorts and sweat capris this summer. Yes, I admit it is because I am too chubby for the others. The last year has been heck on any kind of normal food / exercise plan. First there was the remodel and all the stress from that. I do mean ALL the stress. Then about the time we finish, Dean decides to move to El Paso. That caused major stress and the pounds have packed on.

I got brave and pulled out the basket of clothes I had put up because they are too snug. I have one pair of jeans that will fit and one that is really close. I did have a credit at Ross, so we decided to try it out.

I got two pair of pants and a sweater. That really helped the wardrobe.

We met the extended family for lunch at rancher's grill for chicken fried steak. Billie's cousin wanted to treat us all to lunch since we had cooked a couple of meals for them. Her uncle was not happy that someone else managed to pick up the ticket.

We got to talking about some southern phrases. We were talking about supper. I still call the 3rd meal of the day of supper. Someone asked what you called the time between noon and 6 - we all agreed on afternoon. Then someone asked when was evening. I said evening is after supper. They thought that was so funny. I really do not talk like people here. I say yes ma'am and yes sir. Amazing the difference a few hundred miles makes.

No comments: