Wednesday, October 15, 2008

counting down

This morning I was on my way to Assistance League when I realized I had forgotten to eat breakfast. I didn't think I could wait til lunch, so I stopped off at Whataburger for a biscuit. I was waiting for my to go order when I saw a women and her son outside the window. He was a young adult and she was probably older than me. He hugged her goodbye. She dug in her purse and handed him some cash. They hugged again. It really made me miss Eric. Only 9 more days.

JoyAnna felt really bad last night. She was miserable. Crying with her ear hurting. We tried several things including garlic in olive oil. It eased it til she slept for a while. We called the doctor and were able to get her in this afternoon. He was very nice and really payed attention to the million little quirky things we asked him about. He gave her a Rx for an antibiotic and wrote one for Concerta too. Funny thing she hasn't hiccuped in the last couple of days since she got the earache. Joy Anna is counting down to the Tut exhbit. Only 10 more days.

Today I got a call that Ake has a new home- Fairbanks Alaska. I feel bad it is going to be so cold. He does not like cold. I took him to academy to look at coats, boots, and gloves. I don't think what he bought is going to be the best dor that type of cold. We are not sure when he will leave, but it should be soon. Counting down to that, too.

I am worn out emotionally and physically. I never realized what a homebody I am. I would just as soon stay here and chill out. I honestly do not have the desire to go shop or do anything else. I would rather just be here. I suppose the stress has just gotten to me. I think maybe I should see a doctor. Or then again, maybe a hermit's life is not so bad.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm pretty content being a homebody too!! And usually, the emptier the home, the better!!!