Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mexico :)

We decided to head to Mexico today. It was a crazy morning. JoyAnna was not feeling well and was very cranky over every thing that happened. I sent another letter to world heritage today. I found out this morning that only 3 of the 4 had had information requested on them in order to put them in a school from another country. Mine was not one of those. I was in tears this morning because JoyAnna was. It was not pretty.

But anyway, on to Mexico. We were later than normal getting off. That meant there were more than normal the amount of beggers on the street once we got there. I so hate that. I mean some of them look like they need the money and some look really well off.

We visited the pink store again. We had not seen the owner since the firs time we were there back in July I think. She remembered us. Three different people told us thanks for coming back. They really are nice there.

I had decided I would start collecting some of the Mexican pottery dishes. Since we live near Mexico it is much easier to collect than say something from Europe. My mom had asked JoyAnna to pick me out something there. Dean's mom also picked me out something. I ended up with 4 small sized dinner plates and a spoon rest. Pretty cool. I am going to post photos on my photo blog. All of them are different, but all have a blue line around the edge. Funny that I don't like blue, huh? Dean had picked out these really cool blue bowls at a kitchen store a few weeks back. They were a buck fifty each, so we got several. They will look great with the plates we got. I am going to look for some more solid color pieces at the dollar store to last until I get more of the dishes. It will look better than the yellow things I have now.

Speaking of plates. I read the book Mindless Eating this week. He says we trick ourselves into eating more, so we need to learn to trick ourselves into eating less- that is why I bought the small dinner plates instead of the platter sized ones Dean likes. It is an interesting book. I hope by making a few small changes, I can trick myself into losing some weight.

No comments: