Saturday, October 18, 2008

Oh my what a day

I went to bed at a reasonable time last night. At 1:37 the dogs started barking like crazy. They sleep all night in kennel and never get us up til morning. I jumped up and went to check on them. When I opened the laundry room door I could tell one of them had been really sick. It took me quite a bit to clean it up. Razzle did not want to go back to bed. I finally managed to get them to bed about 2.

Then Dean got sick. Several times. He left for work before 7 even though he felt horrible. I got up and got a shower. I had some things I needed to take care of - most of those never got done today anyway.

Ake was supposed to go to the airport with Connie to see a friend off to OK. He was outside waiting for her at the appointed time. I was in my robe with my hair in a towell working on some things that needed to be done. The phone rang and Connie said that we had an emergency- that Ake was scheduled to leave today. She said she thought it might be a mistake, but to get him packed for the airport. I ran outside to get him and we started packing like crazy people. I made JoyAnna get up and get her clothes on. I hurried to dress as did Billie. We threw everything in the car and flew to the airport.

We got there and once again World Heritage proved what a well run organization they are - NOT. They had made 2 reservations for my student and none for the other Thi student. Granted it could have been a tad confusing. They are both Thi, one going to Fairfax Ok an the other going to Fairbank, Ak, both last names are really long and start with S. It took over 2 hours of hagling and phone calling and such to get the correct one booked on the plane.

It took a good half hour to get his bags in the right weight guidelines. That part was at least entertaining.

By the time we got home it was nearly noon. Dean had come home and crashed. We had to run a couple of errands on the way home. Next we went to the bank. They wouldnt let me deposit my checks from the business in my personal account. I was not happy as I have been doing this. I rushed home and ate half of a chocolate dipped banana. Yummy! What a lunch, huh?

JoyAnna and I barely made it to the yearbook meeting. We felt like we were in a whirlwind today. As soon as the yearbook meeting was over, we had to go downtown to the courthouse. We had never been there and it was quite an ordeal to get to and to find a place to park. I got my dba and then had to go to the bank to get a business account. That took long enough.

We did take Ake out to dinner for his last night here- BBQ from Rudy's. We then had to go to shop for some winter clothes for him. He got a coat, snow pants, boots, sun shades, a hoodie, and a couple of pair of long johns. Oh, and some house shoes. I lost my keys in target, but the Lord answered my prayer and I found them quickly.

We packed all of his things and if the scales are ok here, he did well on his packing. Then we really had a good time seeing our names in Thi and writing his in Calligraphy and Cursive. He got a message tonight that the student who went to OK is already to leave there. I told Ake to have a good attitude and enjoy his visit.

What a birthday.

No comments: