Saturday, October 18, 2008

Lazy, lazy day

Today was the day to see Ake off. We got up early and he was already in the shower. You know he takes really, really long ones. We all got up and got ready. The Thi family came to say good bye. We all piled in the car and took off. He was a little nervous and didn't eat breakfast. I put a couple of apples in his bag for him.

We took a lot of pictures and then they let Dean go up with him to make sure he got through security and found the right gate. He was a little sad. We will miss him. He really was a good kid. I think it was just the stress of no school for so long that really caused the most grief and it magnified everything else.

After we saw him off, we headed to Denny's. After Dean being sick yesterday, he was really hungry. We came back to the house and Dean, Billie and JoyAnna crashed. I had dog patrol so I didn't get to. Dog patrol is letting them in and out and in and out so they don't bark to wake up those sleeping here in the house.

We decided to make a short mall run. Dean needed a battery for his watch and JoyAnna wanted chick-fil-a. We walked around a little, but we were all sort of out of it. We came home and Dean put new spark plugs on my car while I dozed on the sofa. I finally got up and went to bed.

We decided to try a new mexican place tonight. We had heard they had sour cream chicken enchiladas like Dean likes, but that was not the case. They did have the sour cream cheese ones that I like. It was a nice dinner, but the service was really slow.

Ake just called. He said he is really tired and really, really cold. I told him he'll be fine. I hope he will have a good attitude about it.

No comments: