Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rain, a trench, and baking

Yep, it rained in El Paso.

It was so nice, we all went and stood on the patio. Ranger, who is not a fan of water, even went out and stood it in. It was a little after 9 and Dean had already gone to bed. Hard to do much else in the heat and when you don't have tv hooked up yet, your options are limited. He got up and came and stood on the patio and felt the coolness.

We needed coolness. JoyAnna and I had been busy all day loading the truck at the storage unit nad unloading it at the house. Alex, Edward's son spent a good portion of the day helping us. We would never have made it without him.

Today, the dogs dug a trench around the patio. Dean was not happy. I teased him and told them they had already adjusted to El Paso and were concerned about the rain (a big deal here since it has a tendency to flood when it does) and since they didnt want the house to flood, they dug a trench.

I am not sure when we are going to get unpacked. It is way too hot to move. I just checked and it is 108.9 but hey, it only feels like 103. I am going to work on photos since I can do that minimal moving and less stirring of the heat.

No comments: