Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Home again- or is it?

We left El Paso this morning, well make that we tried to leave. We were in the 1st 30 to board. After we sat down, no one else came on board. I knew there were 30 more also in A boarding, so we started to wonder what was going on. Then there was an announcement that there was a storm in Dallas, so we would be sitting on the tarmack for at least an hour. Well, ok.

Visions of the 100s of passengers stranded in the last year with no a/c, food, toilets, etc, flashed through my mind. The temp was already 100 at 10:45 when we boarded. Southwest, however was much better. They had everyone close th window shades and turned up the a/c. They also said that we could get off the plane if we wished.

I decided that was a good thing as I had been too cheap to pay the big bucks for a book at the airport, but now I was desperate. Thankfully, they had a used book section. I snatched up a book and headed back to the plane. After 90 minute delay we took off for a flight that lasted less than 90 minutes.

Getting back into Dallas was nice. I had curly hair again. I guess I forgot to mention I have no curls in El Paso. Slightly wavey is all I get there. Gas was 20 cents cheaper and the afternoon high was about 30 degrees cooler than EP thanks to that thunderstorm.

I think the thing I remember about driving here to the Covington house is GREEN. Trees, grass, trees, grass . . . well, you get the picture. The lushness of the green was simply amazing to me. Ok, so the humidity made my clothes stick to me and I was sweating like the proverbial pig, but it was just so green.

I am trying really hard to not just LOVE being here in the house. I soaked in the tub already. I really, really missed it. I am going to really, really miss it. The tub there is barely long enough for me to stretch out my legs, let alone relax and enjoy a nice long soak. Sitting here in the real air conditioning with the gentle breezes of the ceiling fans. Ok, can't think about it, or I will cry. I am not sure how I am going to manage pulling out of the driveway on Sunday morning. It will be hard to drive with tears. It is early and I am exhausted. Think I will head to bed and get an early start on the attic tomorrow.

No comments: