Sunday, June 15, 2008

House Hunting in El Paso

Thursday morning dawned nice and hot. I mean HOT!

Joy Anna and I set off to find the perfect house for us. We started by finding the much acclaimed Bagel Shop. We ordered bagels and got to work reading the paper and studying the map. Next came driving around and around and around. I think every street in El Paso is really a circle.

Then we started the phone calls from the paper. I was beginning to think I was going to have to mortgage the kids in order to get a house where we could keep the animals. I was even beginning to consider lying and saying we only had one pet - a hamster. This really narrowed down the potential houses.

Finally, success! We called Dean and had him meet us at a house. We waited for the owner to get there. And waited. And waited. Did I say it was HOT in the morning? It was now scorching. After a quick call to the office, we were told they couldn't be there for a while longer, we drove in more circles. Wow, success again. This one was cheaper. The backyard left a lot to be desired. But, hey, it is cheaper. We were able to see it before we met the owner of the first house. It was ok, we could live there, but it was just not the best option.

At the peak of the hot day - not sure what is hotter than scorching, but whatever it is, we were experiencing it - the owner arrived.

Within a few minutes we were the proud renters of a 1970s Ranch fully equipped with 2 trees in the back yard, a patch of grass, and some very rocky landscaping in the front.

I have posted pics on my site under family and friends.

No comments: