Sunday, June 15, 2008

El Paso

Well here I am in El Paso. The last week has been an adventure to say the least. I last posted on Friday night, so I will just try to summarize the last 9 days or so.

Saturday was the wedding. It was very nice. Heather was a beautiful bride. I know the photographer is not really supposed to cry at the wedding, but if it is your niece, it is allowed. It was great to see everyone, though it was really sad that Dean and Eric were not there. Joy Anna and I both got our hair cut for the wedding. Mine was basically just thinned out, while hers is absolutely adorable. It is short and choppy. Of course it now takes her the longest time to make it look like she wants it to look.

Sunday afternoon I went to see Nanny at the hospital before I left to come home. I know this is the probably the last time I will be in Lufkin until Thanksgiving. So, saying good bye to her was hard. The ride home was really long. Me and 3 dogs. Fun, fun. Not. They were not really bad, but I know they are not enjoying the ride. The ride to El Paso is going to be even more fun.

It was so quiet at the house overnight. Just me and the animals. JoyAnna had stayed with mom. Monday I was busying getting a lot of things done around the house. JoyAnna called me on Monday night crying. She had decided she needed to go to El Paso with me. That was not what w had planned so it took some adjusting. Billie, my mother in law, graciously went to Lufkin to get her on her way back from Austin. It was way out of her way, but it allowed me to get some things done at home on Tuesday.

Wednesday we got up early to get the house ready- just in case anyone wanted to show it while we were gone. Whitney is staying there while we are gone.

JoyAnna slept most of the way to the airport. We managed to get there and grab McDonald's just before we took off. Th flight was ok, but it did get a tad bumpy just as we hit the wind of El Paso. Dean was waiting for us at the airport. We drove around a little and then had dinner with the relatives he has been staying with. After that, we drove around some more to check out the areas of town where we could look for houses.

No comments: