Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rambling on

Yep, that is what it feels like- rambling on and on and on with every imagainable level of the exchange student organization. There are just not words to say how frustrated I am with the whole thing.

Last Thursday I was told that a house was likely in a couple of days. Nope.

I was told that someone was here to get them into school. Did she do that? Nope.

Did she even try to get my student in a real school? Nope.

Did she go to the school that they are attending and find out why in the world they are just sitting them in a room with no books. Nope.

So, today I was told that I had to go get him into school even though the school has denied them access. Yep, I get to fight a school district with which I have no connection. That was what she was supposed to do. She gets paid for this.

Today she said she is doing the best she can since she has no electricity because her house was ruined in Ike. I am really sorry about that, but if she can't do her job, she should pass it on to someone else. This is just nuts. I have no life outside of dealing with this. I have used way too many minutes on my phone talking to them.

Tomorrow we work at the assistance league. That is so much less stressful.

No comments: