Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No Vampires

Where to start? It was a LONG day.

We had to get up early and hurry over to a project of Dean's. He had a blank spot against a black wall and wanted a plant there. You know Dean. It had to be JUST right. I went several places yesterday and couldn't find anything just perfect. Finally we found something at Home Depot. Of course it took work. Nothing is ever simple, right? That took us quite some time last night.

When we were finished, the cat was left outside. I fogot for a while. When I remembered, I couldn't find her. I looked and looked. Usually she comes running when I call. It was after 1 before she came when I called her. That left me really tired this morning.

After we delivered the plant, we went to the assistance league and worked in the thift store. We had tons of fun. The ladies were delightful.

Next we went to a meet a lady and her son to see about JoyAnna babysitting. He is quite the cutie.

We got home and it was time to start supper. Ake was cooking tonight. I cut up the pork and he fixes the fried eggs. I also cut the garlic- over 30 cloves! There will be no vampires here anytime soon. I think my skin smells like garlic. I feel bad for the kids at AL tomorrow when I fit them for clothes. I imagine I will still smell of garlic.

Tonight I got a call from the Exchange Student Organization. They sent someone to El Paso to deal with the issue. They are going to try and get them in a school - a real school. Good luck with that. I told them that Ake is great, but that he needs to get where he is going. Instead of putting him in a school here and having to move him again in a few days. She said they have a few leads on parents. She will try to get these to the top of the list. I told him she is trying to find him a place. They have one place in Las Cruces. We told him that woudl be great because we could still see him while he is in the states. He was sad. He said if he couldnt stay here with us, he would rather go to a different town.

I am praying he finds a place really soon.

No comments: