Saturday, September 13, 2008

I so wish I didn't have AT&T

The cell phone company giant AT&T is about on my last nerve. I have probably been on the phone with them for no less than 10 hours in the last week. After the time last weekend when I got the free phones, I was ok with it. I had spent over an hour on the phone with them a couple of weeks ago trying to get Eric's phone transferred over to an EP account.

Anyway, we got our new phones this week. None of the phones we got worked with the media packages we already had. I had to upgrade all of them- an extra cost I was not happy with. Because I have to pay more, I wanted to make sure the phone I had made the best of that package. The one I got, did not. It also had really bad reception in the house. You are allowed 30 days to exchange.

I called yesterday and they said I could go to the store and exchange it. I asked if I would have to pay anything if I did that and was told no.

Today, off I went to the local AT&T store. Just as I got there, I realized I Had left my chager at home. Back I went to home and then to the store. I got there and was told I needed my packing slip. Back again. This time I actually got to look at the phone. Notice I didn't say I got the phone?

Nope, this time they said I would have to pay 199 for the phone. Wrong!

I called AT&T Customer Service. I was livid. This lady was nice but the horrible phone disconnected us.

Again I called AT&T Customer Service. This lady was nice, too. She had me on hold. We had it about figured out when once again the horrible phone disconnected.

Again I called AT&T Customer Service. This time I got a young lady I have known since she was about 4. She tried, but they best they could figure out was for me to pay 100 and get a rebate - a rebate that would take 6-8 weeks to get back. I told her that was not what I wanted to do. She then told me I would get a phone call back from a manager within a couple of hours. It is has been at least 6 hours and no call back. Of course the phone is so bad, they may have called and I didn't get the call.

Today, I once again spent several hours on the phone with AT&T customer service and made 3 trips to the AT&T store. I still do not have the desired phone. Needless to say I am not happy with AT&T Customer service.

No comments: