Monday, September 29, 2008

Charter Schools and Exchange Students Do Not Mix

Poor Ake. Today I picked him up at 3 like normal. When he got in the car he said that the teacher had told them if they didn't want to come to school tomorrow, they didn't have to. Now, I am not sure why they would do this. They are required to go to school. They can't be homeschooled. They are supposed to be auditing a high school. I found out today that today they did nothing. No work at all. Ridiculous.

I called the lady I have been talking to. She said that the kid from south Korea has a potential home. That is good for him, but I was assured Ake would be on the top of the list. She did say that she had several more possibililties. She said we might know something tomorrow. I certainly hope so. I am going to let him stay home tomorrow. I can't imagine why in the world they accepted the kids if they were not going to teach him.

So, tonight we are going to go to PeiWei. He likes it a lot. He was really upset- like tears upset. I thought this might help him feel a tad better. I am going to wash up the rest of his clothes tonight just in case. If he gets a house, I want him to be ready.

No comments: