Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New Insurance and a Doctor Visit all in one day

On Monday night, JoyAnna was looking under the couch when her knee did something crazy and she started shreiking. Great. She used her crutches and wrapped her knee, but it hurt all day. Today was even worse. I called the office and yes, we did have insurance now. What is really bad is we had already met her deductible several times over on the old one, but now we are starting over.

I called the ortho hospital/clinic about an appointment. They did have an opening, so we made the appointment. I looked online and read the directions. We headed that way and followed the directions exactly. We parked as close as we could and went in. Nope- wrong place. The guy gave 'sort of' directions - ya know, the kind with a shrug and says "in the building behind us." Great. Off we went to what we thought was the building behind. Nope- it was the front side of the building. They don't look alike and have different names, but yeah wrong one again. This time the directions were a little better. We finally got there only a few minutes after our scheduled time. I am not sure why we felt the need to hurry to get there. They surely did not resond in kind. It was over an hour and a half before we were called back to xray. The another hour before we saw the doctor. We were with him long enough for an exam, some notes and a couple of Rx- one for meds and one for a brace. The brace helped immediately.

We then headed over to visit with Anne and family for a bit. She had had another stint yesterday, but she is home recovering very nicely. We saw enjoy them. Their daughter from NC was there, too. It was a nice visit.

Ake is sick- well I guess he was but is better now. He said last night his stomach hurt. He had a bag full of meds and asked me which of two he should take. I looked them up on the internet and told him one was better for stomachs. I wasn't sure if he needed anything that strong, though. This morning, he turnedoff is alarm and kept sleeping. I waited a bit and then woke him up. He was still feeling horrible. I told him just to go back to sleep. I had to go to walmart and run a few errands, so I picked up some good old Pepto in the pill form. I had him take that. It seemed a much safer option than the heavy duty stuff he had. He slept til noon when I woke him up for more pepto. This time he was a little hungry so I made him some toast and scambled 2 eggs. He went back to sleep right after.

He was awake when we got home a little after 5. I didnt think he should have anything heavy or spicy for dinner, so I fixed him some good old fashioned campbell's chicken noodle and some toast. That did not go over too well. He said he needed more. I tried to talk him into waiting and eating something after we were sure that settled.

I fixed some rice for him and he made an omelet with just eggs- and oil. He ate so much. I really hope he is not sick in the night.

Tomorrow JoyAnna and I go to assistance league to help clothe kids for operation school bell. After that, we are going to go help Dean work. He keeps firing the contractors because they wont keep to the schedule. Maybe we can help him out and take some stress off. maybe.

No comments: