Sunday, September 21, 2008

oops- this is from Tursday- posted on the wrong blog

Poor Ake. He is miserable at school. It really frustrates me. Today he said he was sorry he didn't like school. I told him that was ok, and he said he knew it made me feel bad that he didn't. I told him I just didn't like him to be unhappy.

He is not feeling well today physically either. He dozed a lot. I hope he feels better tomorrow.

Today I sent an email to the organization who runs the exchange program. There are 8 kids here who still need a house for 10 months. Because the schools here will not allow them to attend the regular schools, I asked if they could be pushed to the front of the lines. I tried to explain to them that a charter school is not necessarily a high school as we all think of a high school. The kids are remedial and as a last resort for at risk kids. That is not these kids.

Two of the kids did get houses today, so we can only hope that the others will be getting one soon. I feel bad for the ones who are still here and are waiting. If they could go to high school, it would be different.

No comments: