Saturday, September 20, 2008

I just love the internet

Tonight I was cleaning out my email and saw an old email from a dear friend that I know only through the internet. I emailed her and she responded right away. I called her back and we had the most delightful visit. We had fun talking about people we used to 'know' over the internt. It was good to reconnect. I have missed her.


Ake still doesn't have a new home. His mom is calling everyday to the people there in Thailand. I have been emailing and calling from here. Tonight I saw an add in the local paper for host homes here in in El Paso. Not sure why that want anymore here since they can't go to to school. Very odd.

He told us on Thursday that they don't even have a teacher that explains anything. They have books and they get a worksheets- they look in the book and find the answer. What a great impression they must have of schools in America. Tonight he said how much he loved us and loved being here, but he knew he had to go so he could find a real school. I really hate this for him.

No comments: