Saturday, August 2, 2008

Viva El Paso X dos

We really wanted to experience this, so we bit the bullet and spent $90.00 on the tickets and the drinks. Much more than we usually spend on one night of anything except maybe a hotel.

The show was great. They did a wonderful job on sets, props and costumes. The performers were just WOW!

I had called yesterday to see if we could buy tickets at the gate and save some of the money. I know I am cheap, but oh well. There are 2 numbers on the website- one is for ticketmaster and the other is a recording that says for tickets call ticketmaster. So, I took that to mean the only way to get a ticket was through ticket master- WRONG. They sold them at the gate. I asked about them and we would have saved nearly $20.00.

I took my camera of course. At the beginning of the show, they said no flash photography. Ok. I don't use a flash. There were some really cool costumes and a really neat fire pit. I was not the only one taking photos. I was, however, the only one told to put my camera away. Yep, in the middle of the show, a woman tapped me on the shoulder and said no photos or videos were allowed. I told her he said no flash and she said even without a flash it was not allowed.

There was another guy behind me using a 40D. She did not tell him no photos. I think it must have been the lens on mine. I use the lens shield so it makes it look huge- I guess more professional looking than the better camera behind me. Really did not make me happy. I asked the guy at the intermission and she had not told him anything. I asked him a couple of questions about his camera and lens. He had no idea. None at all about anything on his camera. Just crazy to invest that much money in a camera you have no idea how to use. I asked him which lens he had and he said "a zoom." Nice.

I was going to send a letter that they really should say what they mean- you know if you mean no photos say no photos- not no flash photos. Anyway, Iw as going to do it, but JoyAnna thinks she might want to audition for the show next year. It was such a great show, I think it would be a blast for her.

So, I guess I will suck it up and love the idea that I paid ticket master so much money.

No comments: