Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Ever Changing Never Changing

On Thursday afternoon I had to make a run to the store. I decided to go to one a tad further from home since I like their veggies. I also like the view when you walk out the door. It really has that wow factor.

I was not having the best day. Mom had called and told me Nanny was in the hospital again. She said she was not doing well at all. Her blood pressure had really dropped and they were concerned that this time, it would be the end. By the time I went to the store, she was better.

I have mentioned before how much I really like looking at the mountains here. I hope it is something I never get tired of. They are a constant reminder of Psalm 121

I will lift up my eyes to the mountain;
From whence shall my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun will not smite you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The Lord will protect you from all evil;
He will keep your soul.
The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in
From this time forth and forever.

When I walked out of the store and looked up, I saw the mountain. Once again it was a magnificant sight. The colors, and light, and shadow were awe inspiring.

And then it hit me.

Everytime I look at the mountain I see something different. It is ever changing in how I see it.

but

It is always the same mountain.

Then I thought about how God is a like that. He is always God. He never changes. How I see him, changes. Sometimes, I see Him as Father, Comforter, Providor, Creator, and it goes on and on. I am so thankful we serve a God who reveals himself to us in so many ways, yet is never changing- always our rock- our mountain.

blessings!

No comments: