Monday, August 4, 2008

The most beautiful place in El Paso

Well, at least the most beautiful place I have found. There is a canyon on the east side of town that has a state park in it. Amazing to have it right in the middle of the city. Of course it is pretty rare to have a mountain in the middle of the city.

I did a photo shoot there tonight. Amazing.

We had so much fun. The dad is shipping out to Japan tomorrow, so we did family pics tonight. His daughter is the one that JoyAnna is flying to NC with later this week. She said in the car on the way home, "I guess you could say we are related to them." Huh? "Well Aunt Pat is his step mom, so that makes him my cousin." Ok. We kind of laughed because Aunt Pat is not really 'aunt' Pat. I know she is Memaw's daughter, but despite the way we all feel about one another, we are only related by love, not blood. Still, we are family.

I am going to post photos another blog- it is part of the 365 Project. You take a year's worth of photos. I think you are only supposed to put one photo, but since I am going to use it as a photo blog for photo_graphics by Pam, I am going to post others on there, too. It is supposed to represent your life. Sometimes a photo shoot is what I did that day. How is that for trying to convince myself it is ok? Wonder why I have to justify myself as being right when there are really no rules to a situation and who is going to hold me to it even if there were. Well now I have even confused myself.

I am going to go play around with some of the photos. Maybe I'll post some here, but you can check my other blog if now. http://photo-graphicsbypam.blogspot.com At least I think that is the right address.

No comments: