Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I don't sleep well

when I have too much on my mind. This post might really live up to the title of my blog about rambling.

I have so much going on in there that tonight it is even hard to ranble about it.

There's the house and the finality of that. Even though it hasn't sold, someone else is living there.
There is the unpacking. I am not sure I am ever going to finish. It is too hot to do much more than a couple of hours during the day. That makes it hard. Tonight, since I am not sleepy, I have been out there rearranging, bringing in boxes for us to unpack during the day. We can take a fan with us. I need a buffet or something for the dining room. I have all my china, my Christmas china, all the stuff I have for entertaining. Right now it is all stacked in boxes around the outside of the room. Maybe I could spraypaint boxes black.

Next are all the mirrors, paintings, art stuff, decorating stuff that are just lining the walls. I need to get Dean motivated to do that. I would like it to look a little more like a home before the boys get here. If not, I hope they come back about Christmas break time. Maybe by then it will have cooled down enough to get something done.

Then there is JoyAnna going away. Going to my Dad's. I know she is looking forward to it. So is he. My step mom is not staying there right now. That was a surprise to us when he called tonight. I am not sure what all that is all about, but that has JoyAnna a little bumfuzzled. You know how it is when you get an idea in your head, and then circumstances change. That is sort of the feeling she has right now. My youngest sister Sam is going to be there with her. Talking to him tonight was really different. He seems to have had an enocounter with God and is trying to make apolgies for things he did in the past. It was not the conversation I expected to have with him. Maybe I never expected it. As I told him, I don't hold anything against him. Years ago I worked that out between me and God. I forgave Dad a long time ago, even if he had never asked.

I guess that explains my sleeplessness. I have sweated so much over the last couple of hours, I guess I need a shower. I wonder if a cool one will wake me up. I might melt in a hot one.

No comments: