Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Unpacking is the song that never ends

Since we moved into this house, the garage has been piled high with boxes, bags, baskets, etc. Because Dean went to Longview to get the last of our stuff from there, I had to make room for that. Since I can't sleep, I sat up really late last night and made major progress. I was going to sleep late today since I have to get up early to take JoyAnna to the airport. That didn't work. The environmental dept. guy came to talk to me about my complaint about the mosquitos at 7 am! Way, way too early.

Since I was up, I worked some more in the garage. Then I unpacked lots of boxes. It has been a long day.

Dean called from somewhere on I20 and asked me to go to his office and drop something off. This is the new one that is under construction. The one they have been spending a fortune on for the new polished concrete floors. When I pulled up, there were 4 teens skateboarding on the new floor. I dialed 9-11 and explained the situation. I pulled around the circle again and they were standing out near the dumpster. I was on the phone, so I guess they realized they were in trouble and left. The police officers were very nice. Pretty crazy afternoon.

I still need to do some more, but I am pretty tired.

Tomorrow during some of the day our family of 4 will be in 4 different time zones. We will be spread from the east to the west coast. That is something that has never happened with us before.

No comments: