Monday, July 14, 2008

Tears at Lowes

Ok, I guess I really am homesick for Longview, especially my house. Over the last year almost we have gone to Lowes alot. I mean a whole lot. So much that some of them knew us by name, one checker even knew the last 4 digits of Dean's card since she had to type in in so much.

Tonight we went in together to get a shower head so we can bathe the dogs. We walked through the several departments and before long I was starting to cry. My house was so pretty. This place is ok, it is just not pretty. Not home. I still feel like I am in a long stay hotel.

I really am adjuting I guess. I don't cry everyday. I just get a little sad sometime. We went by Dean's partner's house site today. They had poured concrete- the same color as our kitchen cabinets in Longview. Maybe that was what set me off. That house is huge. I mean really, really big. There is a media room, 4 bedrooms, large kitchen, studio, family room, living, dining. I stood in the kitchen space tonight and there is just so much house all around it. Crazy.

1 comment:

Becky said...

My heart is just really going out to you guys as I read entries like this! I remember those homesick feelings, with nearly every move we've had!! It's hard for seems like a long time!!
Praying the house will sell and ease that anxiety for you! And that you and JoyAnna will begin to foster some friendships that will make it feel better!
xo,Becky