Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday Morning Stress

Today was quite a day. I woke up bright and early- thanks to the barking dogs again, turned on my computer and it immediately went off. Uh oh. I knew my adapter was not in the best shape and figure dthat was the problem. I also knew there was another one somewhere in the boxes. I rummaged around until I found it. I plugged it in, it worked for about 10 minutes, and there was a repeat performance.

This time I got really scared. I had backed up the last 2 weddings, but hadn't backed up any of the changes I had made to photos. I confess, I was in a panic. I went to the local laptop repair place - gosh, they have everything in El Paso. They told me it would be 69.99 to have them look at it. I was not happy. I decided I would just wait and try something else. I went to Radio Shack and tried to buy a universal adapter. Not one of the three would fit my computer.

By this time, I am crying. I can't imagine what in the world I will do without a computer. It is my contact with the outside world. It is also is the way I do photos.

Dean had been at a meeting earlier, but he was home and offered to take me to best buy to see if we could get an adapter. We had to delay and go by a job site before we could go- what happened to working normal hours? Anyway, we finally made it to Best Buy.

The geek squad checked my computer out. They decided we were right it was the adapters. We were able to find one there. Of course they wanted to do a lot of other things to my computer and charge me a lot. Sure, I probably do need some stuff done to it, but I probably need a new one more than that.

Anyway, thankfully it is working so much better. I did come home and back everything up again just to make sure.

The rest of the day we spent sort of lazing. The afternoon was certainly less stressful than this morning.

No comments: