Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sleepless Nights

Not sure why I can't sleep. Have been trying to cut back on the caffeine. It might have something to do with the lack of airconditioning as we know it and the over abundance of damp and sticky. I swear the sheets need changing every day.

Saturday night it was 4 am when I drifted off. I managed to get to sleep about 3 on Sunday. Monday night, after a trip to walgreens for a 'sleep aid' I did manage to go to sleep around 10:30. I crashed hard into what seemed like several days of the most ridiculous nightmare. One of the kindest men I know had turned into a maniacal kidnapper. At 2:30 I woke up and missed the ending of the dream. That was probably a good thing as it seemed to have no redeeming qualities.

Tonight I tried the 'sleep aid' again. It must have been a one hit wonder as I took it several hours ago and I am still wide awake.

Oh my, I just yawned. Surely that is a good sign. Sleep here I come ( I hope).

No comments: