Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Monsoon Season in El Paso

Ok, I am sure you are chuckling with me here, right? Believe me, that was what I did when I got an ad today for a monsoon sale. I mean, come on, we live in the desert.

However, I was not laughing a few hours later when the monsoons hit.

The sound of pouring rain could be heard over the folk music in the coliseum.

We headed home and there were puddles everywhere- LARGE puddles everywhere. Then we hit the rocks. We decided it must rain rocks instead of hail stones. They were everywhere. All over the roads. Roads were closed.

We came home and watched the news. There were so many streets in our area closed- including the largest intersection by us. Funny thing is we had just driven through there and it was fine. They had to rescue people out of cars. Some of the worst flooding was Dean's new office area. Thankfully, they only have a concrete floor in there at the moment.

They told us July 4 was the turning point. We have seen rain everyday since.

Someone complained about the humidity out here- I just laughed. They have no idea.

No comments: