Thursday, January 8, 2009

What a week part 2

The post below is how Joy Anna and I spent our week. This one is about Eric. He called me this week just to talk. I always wonder what is up when that happens. After chit chatting for a while, he told me he had really been praying about some things. He thinks instead of going for his Masters in the spring, he will apply to be a journeyman missionary. I was a little surprised only because he has been talking about the other so much.

I know this is how we brought him up. How many kids go on their first mission trip in the womb? He has been on so many mission trips. We talked again today. The three things aside from school that he has given the most time to in his life are swimming, missions, and bike riding. The position he is applying for will include all three of those. The position would be in a pacific rim nation. He would be riding his bike and being involved in other sports- like swimming and surfing.

In one way, it makes me very happy because he is following God in a real way. In another way, I am sad. Two years is a long time not to see him. There is also the issue of safety. I will be on my knees alot over the next two years to give him the prayer support he'll need. I know we serve a mighty God and Eric was his long before he was ours to nurture and love.

1 comment:

Becky said...

yes, this is a biggy!
Some good friends of ours our in Central Asia, 3 yr. committment! It was very, very hard on their parents...especially hers. A lot of that b/c they have 2 young sons!
Eric truly has a calling! He's always been a great young man!