Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blessed Be Your Name - again

Back in June I wrote this song spoke to me. Today it spoke to me again. We went back to the Methodist church again today. We went to the contemporary service instead of the traditional. It was very, very different from the traditional one, but it was much more like we are used to.

Back in June, it was the phrase about the desert. Today, it was so much more.

The sermon today was from Acts 1. You know the verse about going into all the world to tell about Jesus. I just love how God speaks to me through his word and through song. Acts 1:8 talks about recieving the power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you and then going to tell about God. That verse was on one of the first t-shirts I designed. It was for a mission trip to Alaska. Eric was 6 and this was going to be his 8-9th mission trip.

How can I say I am hesitant for him now to go the ends of the earth to tell others about God?

When he is walking the walk and not just talking the talk, why am I not rejoicing? I am in one way. In another, I am selfish for wanting him to be here with us.

We went to Sunday School today. It was nice. You know it has been probably 10 years since Dean and I have been in an actual adult Sunday School class. We are so used to being leaders in the youth, that this was nice. Maybe it is our time to be fed. JoyAnna was so excited about her class. They had beanbags and only a couple of boys. Everyone was really nice. She came home much happier.

This afternoon, we had a wonderful lunch and then just hung out. Tonight I went to try ringing the hand bells while Joy Anna went to the youth group. Ringing bells was a tad difficult.Ok, it was more difficult than that. It will certainly take quite a bit of practice.

JoyAnna had a great time at youth group. She has now decided we can not move away from El Paso. She has decided to audition for the youth dinner theatre. She is planning to participate in the annual mission project at the end of the month. She also wants to go to the youth retreat- only it is 100. Yikes! Oh well I am glad she met some nice girls.

Dean and I are filling out more applications.

No comments: