Monday, January 12, 2009

Dean Job update

A few days ago I was really upset because I thought I had done something to mess up his application for the governmnet job. He was not happy with me either. He didn't say anything, but I knew. He would probably say he wasn't, but I could tell from the way he said "I'll call about it Monday."

Well today was Monday. He was going to call today, but before he could call- I checked his email, and there was an email saying he had made the first cut. I was stoked. He was too. His voice sounded so excited. It was awesome.

We understand that a computer picks the initial top cut. Next will be an interview with a group of three. After that, there will hopefully be another interview with the person in charge of hiring. Dean knows this person through the job he has now. We are hoping that is a good thing.

The job would be nice. The minimum pay is slightly above what he makes now. The top range is a good deal higher. We shall see. The big thing is benefits! That will rock. JoyAnna doesn't want to leave so she is really praying this works out.

We all believe that God sent us here for a reason. Had he not come and worked with the agencies he has been working with, he would never have applied for a job like this. We are just praying that the right thing happens.

No comments: