Monday, January 12, 2009

I will never buy from Ashley Furniture again

As most of my friends know, we spend 2007 remodeling the house. We had planned to get new furniture. We searched and looked and shopped for just the right living room furniture. We finally narrowed it down to two different sets from Ashley Furniture. Finally in November of 2007 we placed our order. We bought from a local furniture store instead of Ashley Furniture and in the process saved about $500. The furniture finally came in the first week of December. We were so excited. It looked great.

In March, I started calling the furniture store and Ashley Furniture both because the furniture started looking bad. The fabric was stretching and looking worn. Finally in May and June they came out and replaced the bottom cushion covers and added some of that fiber wrap to make them sink in less. It looked a little better.

By October it looked bad again. I started calling and writing Ashley Furniture. No Response. Finally, in late November, I got information on how to file a complaint with them. I sent it in right before the end of my one year warranty. I received a letter from Ashley Furniture stating thatit was past the warranty time so too bad.

Dean called and they agreed to send someone out to look at it. Ahsley Furniture sent someone out last week. They worked for someone other than Ashely Furniture.

Today, we got a letter stating that it meets their high quality standards, so anything that is done will be on our dime. If that is Ashley Furniture's idea of quality, they have a real issue with what that means.

So, I am suggesting to everyone I know that you do not purchase furniture from Ashely Furniture.

I am going to post my Ashley Furniture here so everyone can see just how wonderful Ashely Furniture looks after one year.


No comments: