Sunday, January 4, 2009

We had so much fun on Friday. Satruday was much more quiet. JoyAnna and I went to a 10th day of Christmas party. One of the days right through here is called Kings' day by some denominations. It honors the wise men arriving to visit Jesus.

I was in Walmart last week and saw a king's cake. Having lived so close to Louisiana for my whole life, my first thought was Mardi Gras. Nope, on this side of the state, it is something entirely different.

We had a really yummy King's cake at the party. After the party, JA went to babysit and Dean and I went grocery shopping. I was really hungry for salad. We had a really great one for dinner. Mae Mae, Megan and Kali came over for dinner. We watched Mama Mia. What a movie- and I don't mean that in the traditional way as in what a great movie.

I love musicals. Well most of them. This one just cracked me up. I am sure they used regular stars to draw people in to the movie. Too bad they couldn't find any who should sing anywhere but the shower.

Today we went to church. Dean and I did. We went back to the Methodist church. I like most everything. We are going to try the contemporary service. I just find it odd that there is no invitation. I really like the readings. To me, it brings even more scripture in to the service.

Tonight I made a chicken casserole. Probably not the best thing I ever made. Tomorrow. I am back on a healthy eating plan. I have to for my BP and my cholestoral. Maybe it will help with stress too. Dean got his first paycheck. It was not what we were expecting. Unless there is a big change, I doubt Corpus is an option.

We are praying he hears from the government job this week. I kow it is a long process, but they said they should have the top 10 applicants this week. If he didnt make that list we will start job hunting all over again. If he didn't make the top 10, it is probably my fault. There were so many papers and so many forms to fill out and submit. I tried my best to do them all. I am just praying I didn't make a mistake.

No comments: