Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20

Today was my Papa's birthday. Today Nanny didn't miss him more than normal. She is with him. It did make me miss both of them a whole lot today.

I watched the inauguration today. I think the amount of money spent was slightly obscene especially since so many of us are struggling to pay the bills. Just think how far that could have gone to help the American people- talk about hope.

I do hope one of the first changes would be the realiation that just because our skin is white doesn't mean we are prejudiced. I was greatly insulted by the last prayer of the ceremony. Think of the outrage had a white man made a statement similar to that about a black person. I do believe we have passed a line where the prejudice can not be blamed entirely on the white American. It is very sad.

Joy Anna starts EPCC tomorrow. She is taking 6 hours- English and Modern Dance. I think she is a little nervous. She has everything ready to go. While she does class, I am going to work on photos this week. Maybe next week, I will be able to finish my novel. I am sort of looking forward to a set time 3 days each week where I can devote all my time to photos or writing.

I am really sick at my stomach tonight. Not sure what it is. Maybe a bug. I hope it is over tomorrow. Don't want anything to interrupt my time tomorrow while she is in class.

No comments: