Wednesday, April 22, 2009

what a roller coaster day

I had to go take care of the insurance on the Longview house today. I was under the impression that they were going to insure the house for the asking price. When I got there I was told they were going to reduce it by 35% because of the age of the house and that we have a tenant. Both of those things were well known before they ever agreed to write the insurance. I Was livid. I mean LIVID. I had been told on April 5 they would insure the house. Yes, I was told that they might not be able to insure the full amount, but no one said 35%! I told him in no uncertain terms how mad I was that it had taken more than 2 weeks for someone to go there and take the pics and decide on this- 3 days after the old one had cancelled. Of course he said he had told me. Yep, but no way did I ever think it would be 35%.

So, after I cried and went ahead and paid the down payment, I headed home. Not a happy day.

I called my mom. She prayed for me. I prayed. The agent called back tonight. He is going to rewrite the policy for the full amount. Praise the Lord!

I so need the house to sell. Tonight a lady that had called last week and looked at it over the weekend, called back tonight. She is going to talk to the bank on Friday. She was honest and said she has looked at a couple of other houses. I need it to sell to break that tie. Until it does, I will constantly want to be going back. I need it to sell badly for so many reasons.

Eric called today. He seems very sure of what he is doing. Everything is going his way it seems. Just keep praying for him.

No comments: