Saturday, March 28, 2009

I just wanna be a sheep

I used to sing that song- I just wanna be a sheep baa baa, I just wanna be a sheep.

All this week, KLOVE's word of encouragement has dealt with sheep and being led. Firday's was this
But he led His own people like a flock of sheep, guiding them safely through the wilderness.
~ Psalm 78:52, NLT
I posted on my facebook "thankfully He is leading and I can be a sheep and just follow. now if I could learn to be a sheep and just follow"

I thought about this a lot yesterday and today. I started thinking about sheep - they don't have a clue where they are being led. They don't really sit around and complain and whine that they don't know. They just follow. They don't plan what they are taking and where they will take it. They just go. He is going to lead his ship safely. It is going to be through the wilderness. Believe, me. I feel like I am in the wilderness. I need to be like a sheep- keep my head down, follow the shepherd. That means not try to be the leader. Not try to find my own way.

No comments: