Friday, November 14, 2008

A rat in my room?

Anyone who knows me well, knows I am absolutely, positively terrified of rats. Just the thought can send me over the edge. Seeing one, well, it is not a pretty sight when I see one.

Yesterday I kept hearing this odd noise coming from my room. I walked back there and the floor lamp was tilted over and the noise was coming from that corner. I was not happy. I closed the door and called Dean. He told me to open the door and let the dogs and the cat go in. I did. No more noise. So, I wasn't sure what was going on.

This morning I am sitting her quietly about to work on my novel, which by the way has almost 30,000 words now, and I hear the same noise. So does the cat. Off she goes to check it out.

I look out the back door, thinking I might need an escape. I don't see either dog. Just then, Razzle comes around the house- right from where that noise is coming from. I run out the back door to see. Dazzle has a piece of cable wire in her mouth and is pulling it out of the hole that goes into my room. I cracked up laughing. A 26 pound black and white mouse who moos in her sleep. I feel much better now :)

No comments: