Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sears has poor service

The letter I wrote to Sears:

My dryer went out over three weeks ago. I called the service dept and had a scheduled appointment for last Monday. The repairman came on Monday. he did not have the correct part so he made one work.

By the time I got home, the dryer was not heating again. I called back. I was told that because the call had no closed, I could not reschedule, but to call back first thing in the morning and they would come out that day. I called at 8 that morning. I was told the computer was down. I was told that it would be several days probably a week before it could be rescheduled. I told them that was not acceptable. I was told that the person I was speaking to would give my name and number to a supervisor and I would get a call back. That never happened. Later that day, I called back and was told that I could not get it serviced until Saturday. I was very unhappy. I asked for a supervisor. Again, I was told I would receive a call back. That has not happened.

I called back that night and was told I could get service on Wednesday. On Wednesday, the tech called. It was the same person who had been on Monday. He said that there was no reason for him to come out because he would have to order the part. I told him to order and have it over nighted so it could be here on Thursday. I was told that was impossible. That it went against the system. He assured me it would be here on Saturday or Monday.

Today is Tuesday. I still do have the part for my dryer. I called today and asked for a supervisor. I told them I would wait on the line since as of yet, I have not received a call back from a supervisor. He told me that I would have to wait for the part. I told him I am tired of waiting and asked if he could track the part. It said there was no way to track the part. I was furious and let him know. I asked for his supervisor. At that time I was put on hold again. I hung up after 15 minutes.

I am very, very unhappy with Sears. Over the last three years I have spent over 10,000 on appliances from Sears. I have purchased extended warranties on most of the products. I have never had a problem with any appliance or repair until this time.

I can not imagine a company as large as Sears being unable to track a part for my repair. I can not imagine a company as well known and respected as Sears treating a customer in such a manner as I have been treated. I don't even mean the fact that I have been a very good customer of Sears- just any customer.

I was told that I could rent a dryer and they would reimburse me. Will you also pay for storing my dryer as I have no place to keep it?

If I had an opportunity to fill out a customer satisfaction survey you can rest assured you would get the lowest possible scores. I don't know why in the world I am wasting my time writing this as it seems to me that no one there cares a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear pamrowell,

My name is Scott and I'm with Sears Cares Escalations. I found your blog here and wanted to reach out to you. I'm terribly sorry for all the frustration, stress and inconvenience your dryer failure & repair has caused you. After learning of the hassle you endured with the part situation and delayed repair, I definitely understand why you feel the way you do. We'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at searscares@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the dryer was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (pamrowell) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Thank you,

Scott J.
Sears Cares