Saturday, June 6, 2009

The last few days have been a blur

Thursday was a fairly regular day until about 4:45. Joy Anna sent a text the littel girl she was babysitting for had been stung. I went over after work. JA wanted to come home and work on cleaning her room. The plan was for me to stay with the kids. When I got there we decided we would bring them here. She pushed them down in the stroller.

Having two little ones was crazy. Lauren came over. I think she must believe we live in a zoo. It seems so chaotic here.

Marie was out of town, so later that night, we went and got Maddie. That went well for a few minutes. Then there was a dog fight. Then the cat got in the middle. Craziness.

Friday was a half day at work. Afterwards, the kids and I went to the Bible book stores. Eric has a list he needs before he leaves on the big adventure. Of course those books were not found in El Paso. Friday was also our 27th anniversary. We went to dinner at Landry's. It was good. Not like home, but a fair substitute. Eric went with us. It was a nice evening.

Saturday, we got up and went to Las Cruces with Marie and her friends. We went to the farmer's market. Joy Anna got a true love waits ring for 7.00. Much better than the 42.00 one she wanted at the store. I had to have my camera sensor cleaned. No one in EP can do it, so I had it done while we were there.

Saturday night, we went to Lauren's graduation party. It was a very nice evening with lots of our new friends here in EP.

Sunday Joy Anna and I both felt bad. We napped and finished packing her things for the music, missions and mystery trip. We had worked on getting everything ready for over a week. Thankfully she was able to buy all the things she needed. It was very hard to pack with her not knowing where she was going. I did know, but I couldn't even give a clue. We finally finished late on Sunday morning. We got to the church this morning 5 minutes late at 5 after 6. A few minutes later we realized we had fogetten to pack her work shoes for the mission part of the trip. Thankfully we live 6 minutes round trip. We got her back and on the van shortly after everyone else.

The kids have no idea where they are going or what they are doing. I love texting. I have heard from JA and Lauren several times today. About 2:45 today I got a message from JA asking "what the heck is in Gallup, NM???" LOL not much :)

Today Dean got a letter offering him a job - the first job he applied for. Oh, I forgot to put that on Friday, he went for a 2nd interview that week. It was with the housing authority and he really liked it better. Today he got the letter from the first one. We are just praying for the right thing- the right time, etc.

We appreciate everyone praying with us.

No comments: